Dr. Parisi, S.
Stefano Parisi is a Postdoc at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering exploring Materials experience in the area of emerging materials, from bio-based to smart materials.
Stefano researches and teaches in the area of materials for design, focusing on innovative and emerging materials and processes, including smart and bio-based materials for product and wearable applications. He explores design, knowledge transfer, and training methodologies, with an emphasis on materials experiences, sustainability, and future scenarios. On this and related topics, He has written publications (+30), co-supervised graduation projects (+20), participated in conferences, given lectures and workshops, and carried out research and consultancy activities.
Stefano completed his PhD in Design, with the thesis "Design for Hybrid Material Systems", in 2021. He worked as Research Fellow (equivalent to Postdoc researcher) at the Politecnico di Milano, Department of Design, from 2020 to 2022. At the Politecnico di Milano, he has been working in the research projects:
- “ICS Materials: interactive, connected and smart materials”,
- “De_Forma: Design Explorations on bio-Fabricated Organic Materials”,
- “InData: envisioning and prototyping informed by data”,
and in the EU-funded projects:
- “DATEMATS: Design-driven Approach to knowledge Transfer for Emerging Materials and Technologies”,
- “DESTEX: Industrial and creative Design in advanced Textile manufacturing”,
- “MaDe: Material Designers. Boosting Talent towards Circular Economy”
In the meanwhile, he gained expertise in teaching, as a teaching assistant at Politecnico di Milano, School of Design, and as visiting professor in other institutions (Istituto Marangoni, SPD Scuola Politecnica di Design, Poli.Design), dealing with materials and processes, CMF (Color, Material and Finishes) and concept design. Through his professional experiences as a design consultant, he has gained practice-based expertise on design research, trends forecasting, materials and technological surveillance and scouting, concept design and CMF design in the fields of product, automotive and materials development.