Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund
In 1971 the Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund was established in memory of the founder of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering with the help of a donation by the Fokker company.
The foundation has set itself the following goals:
- the promotion, in the broadest sense of the word, of Aerospace Engineering at TU Delft, and in particular the research and education provided by the Faculty of the same name;
- the promotion of successful education, in the broadest sense of the word, of the students of the TU Delft's Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, including the continued education of recently graduated engineers of this Faculty who wish to specialise further in this field.
As of September 2014, this only concerns MSc students. Applications from BSc students will no longer be considered.
Since its inception, many individual students, as well as the VSV Leonardo da Vinci Study Association, have received financial grants towards the cost of foreign internships, study trips and participation in symposia.
The Fund's income is made up solely of interest returns and incidental donations provided by alumni.
The Board of the Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund consists of:
- Mr B.A.C. Droste, former Dean of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Chair:
- Prof.dr. H.G.C. Werij, current Dean of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Vice-president;
- R. Hak, President of the VSV Leonardo da Vinci Student Association, Member of the board;
- H. Jager, Finance Manager of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Secretary.
Submitting an application for a grant
If you believe you are eligible for a grant from the Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund, then you must apply prior to your study trip or internship, stating the purpose of your study trip or internship.
Your application must be accompanied by:
- a comprehensive budget of your income and expenditure during your study trip or internship. Include any contributions made by your parents or guardians, your own financial input and any grants to be provided by other funds (even if these have not yet been approved);
- a recent overview of your study results.
The address for submitting your application is:
The Board of the Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund
p/a Faculty of Aerospace Engineering
2629 HS Delft, The Netherlands
The Board will make a decision on your application and the amount of the grant (if applicable) based on your application and the accompanying information. The applicant will be informed of the decision in writing.
- Include your home address and your IBAN bank account number in your application.
- Individual students may only apply for a grant from the Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund once.
- Applications that do not include the requested budget information or the overview of the study results, or applications submitted after the study trip or internship has commenced, will not be processed.
If you have any questions about the Prof. H.J. van der Maas Fund or the status of your application, you can contact the secretary of the Fund, Mr H. Jager.
Telephone: +31 (0)15-2787105