AiTech Symposium - Save the date!
Industry, government and academia alike agree that AI comes not only with potential benefits, but also with many ethical and socio-economic challenges. We want intelligent technologies to advance human well-being without compromising our moral and social values.
AiTech is a mission-oriented program that aims to address these challenges and position TU Delft as a university in which design and engineering of autonomous intelligent technology embrace human values, responsibility and meaningful human control.
On Thursday 26 September 2019, AiTech will introduce its activities with the 1st AiTech Symposium. It will be held at TU Delft campus and will last a full working day (10:00-17:00) consisting of:
- three keynote presentations from prominent invited speakers, looking at meaningful human control over autonomous systems from three perspectives:
- design: Gerhard Fischer (University of Colorado) on design trade-offs between AI and human-centered design
- philosophy, society and ethics: TBA
- engineering: TBA
- presentations of our postdocs and professors to outline our goals, activities and plans
- interactive sessions engaging participants in the discussions
We invite you to join us in discussing how we can define, achieve and maintain meaningful human control over autonomous systems. Details about the event location and schedule will be sent in mid-August, along with a registration link.
In the meantime, mark 26 September on your calendar. Save the date!