IDE Publication Highlights (Week 35 2023)
IDE researchers have been hard at work getting their research published. This week’s highlights include a paper from PhD candidate Vasileios Milias, Professor Alessandro Bozzon, and Achilleas Psyllidis Assistant Professor that looks at what makes a street feel both safe and attractive (not just one or the other).
- “Designing for urban health and well-being by revisiting proximity, walkability, and accessibility” (Futures Cities—City Futures: Emerging Urban Perspectives) — Achilleas Psyllidis
- “Assessing passenger preferences for Bus Rapid Transit characteristics: A discrete choice experiment among current and potential Dutch passengers” (Research in Transportation Economics) – Suzanne Hiemstra-van Mastrigt
- “Is it safe to be attractive? Disentangling the influence of streetscape features on the perceived safety and attractiveness of city streets” (26th AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science, 2023) — Vasileios Milias, Alessandro Bozzon, Achilleas Psyllidis
- “Navigating Approaches to the Use of Pattern Language Theory in Practice” (Urban Planning) – Ruihua Chen, Marina Bos-de Vos, Ingrid Mulder
- “Eyes on the street: Estimating natural surveillance along Amsterdam city streets using street-level imagery” (Intelligence for Future Cities: Planning through Big Data and Urban Analytics) — Vasileios Milias, Alessandro Bozzon, Achilleas Psyllidis
- “Maximizing Utility or Avoiding Losses? Uncovering Decision Rule-Heterogeneity in Sociological Research with an Application to Neighbourhood Choice” (Sociological Methods & Research) – Caspar Chorus, Sander Van Cranenburgh
- “Easy as child’s play? Co-designing a network-based metric for children’s access to play space” (18th International Conference on Computational Urban Planning and Urban Management, CUPUM 2023) — Roos Teeuwen, Achilleas Psyllidis
- “Introduction to the Special Issue, Anthropometry in Design” (Ergonomics in Design: The Quarterly of Human Factors Applications) – Johan Molenbroek (Guest Editor)
To view the complete list of authors for each paper, please visit the links above. For a full list of papers published by IDE researchers, click here.