IDE Publication Highlights (Week 37 2023)
IDE researchers have been hard at work getting their research published. This week’s highlights include a paper by Assistant Professor Jiwon Jung, Professor Dirk Snelders, and Professor Maaike Kleinsmann. Their paper presents “a new data-driven and hybrid intelligent design approach” that aims to overcome the challenges associated with “creating a traditional patient journey maps”.
- “Advancing Design Approaches through Data-Driven Techniques: Patient Community Journey Mapping Using Online Stories and Machine Learning” (International Journal of Design) – Jiwon Jung, Dirk Snelders, Maaike Kleinsmann
- “The role of acculturation in the process of advance care planning among Chinese immigrants: A narrative systematic review” (Palliative Medicine) – Judith AC Rietjens
- “Method in their madness: Explaining how designers think and act through the cognitive co-evolution model” (Design Studies) – Milene Gonçalves
- “Cyano-chromic Interface: Aligning Human-Microbe Temporalities Towards Noticing and Attending to Living Artefacts” (DIS Conference) – Jiwei Zhou , Raphael Kim, Zjenja Doubrovski, Joana Martins, Elisa Giaccardi, Elvin Karana
- “Weaving Textile-form Interfaces: A Material-Driven Design Journey” (DIS Conference) – Alice Buso, Holly McQuillan, Milou Voorwinden, Elvin Karana
- “FlavoMetrics: Towards a Digital Tool to Understand and Tune Living Aesthetics of Flavobacteria” (DIS Conference) – Clarice Risseeuw, Jose Francisco Martinez Castro, Elvin Karana
- “Designing foresights by communities: a new groundbreaker role for strategic design” (Design Science) – Lianne Simonse, Dasha Simons, Zuzanna Skalska
- “Exploring Health And Design Evidence Practices In Ehealth Systems’ Development” (Proceedings of the Design Society) – Hosana Cristina Morales Ornelas , Maaike Kleinsmann, Gerd Kortuem
To view the complete list of authors for each paper, please visit the links above. For a full list of papers published by IDE researchers, click here.