New Product Marketing
New product development is an important but risky business activity. Recent research has shown that the majority of all new products launched fail in the marketplace. While a superb marketing strategy may not "save" a bad product, a poor launch strategy will surely kill a great product".
Given in 2013, 2015, 2017
"I could pick up topics that I have missed during my studies at IDE, but now need in my career."
"Very interesting to learn, share and discuss with soul mates from similar companies."
Participants IDE Master Class
This Master Class addresses the success and failure factors in new product development (NPD) with a special focus on the role of marketing. The interactive blend of theory and practice introduces participants to NPD topics including product innovation, new product failure scenarios, best practices for launching new products, and provides hands-on experience on how to build a product and brand portfolio that is balanced and strategically aligned. The Master Class uses case studies drawn from recent innovative product introductions.
During the Master Class, you will:
- Understand why some new products succeed while others fail
- Benchmark your own NPD process with best practices from other firms
- Critically reflect on marketing aspects like brand extensions, co-branding, pre-announcements, how to deal with new product rumours and many other
- Understand how to use social media to market new products successfully
- market acceptance of individual new products;
- holistic perspective on a company’s complete innovation portfolio;
- decision processes used to developed a balanced and strategically aligned NPD portfolio.