Accommodation & Facilities
We would like to welcome everyone to X! This page contains practical information about the building and facilities, such as floorplans of our indoor and outdoor facilities. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for here, our hosts will be happy to assist you.
In addition to stairs, X has two lifts in the building:
- The lift opposite the entrance to Cafe X takes you from the ground floor to the 1st floor.
- The lift in Freetown Foyer (on the 1st floor) takes you to the 2nd floor of Freetown.
The exact locations of both lifts are indicated on our floor plans.
If you want to take the lift from the ground floor to the 2nd floor, for example to the Theatre Hall or the Contemplation Room, you must first take lift 1. Via the balcony and X's offices, you can then cross to Freetown Foyer to take lift 2.
X values making everyone feel safe and welcome. There are men's toilets, women's toilets, all-gender toilets and accessible toilets located throughout the building. The locations of the all-gender toilets are:
- Toilets past the hosts, near X3
- Toilets next to changing rooms 19 & 20
- Toilets on the 2nd floor of Freetown
The exact locations of the (all-gender) toilets are shown on our floor plans.
Use of our facilities
Want to know more about using our facilities? Here’s a brief summary:
- Some of our facilities are freely accessible to the public, these include Cafe X, Freetown and the Contemplation Room.
- Many of the other facilities are available to X subscription holders free of charge, provided you book them in advance.
- Those who don't have an X subscription have the option to rent most facilities for a fee.
Tip: you can view 360-degree photos of most of the facilities on Google Maps.
|Location||Free entry/use for everyone||Free to book online for X subscription holders||Available for rent|
|ACTlab||Ground floor||Yes, after completing certificate|
|Ballet Studio||Second floor||Yes||Yes|
|Band Studio A+B||Ground floor||Yes|
|Basketball courts||Outdoor facility||Yes||Yes|
|Beach volleyball courts||Outdoor facility||Yes||Yes|
|Body & Mind||First floor||Yes||Yes|
|Boost||Ground floor||Can only be used within the program range|
|Cafe X||Ground floor||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Farm||Outdoor facility||Can only be used within the program range|
|Climbing Wall (in Combat)||Ground floor||Yes|
|Combat (exxl. Climbing Wall)||Ground floor||Yes||Yes|
|Concept Store||Ground floor||Yes|
|Contemplation Room||Second floor||Yes|
|Dance Studio A+B||Second floor||Yes||Yes|
|Dark Room||First floor||Yes, after completing course||Yes|
|Design Studio||Second floor||Yes|
|DJ Studio||Ground floor||Yes, after completing course||Yes, also as a Band Studio|
|Entrance hall||Ground floor||Yes|
|Freetown: 404||First floor||Yes|
|Freetown: Foyer||First floor||Yes||Yes|
|Freetown: Kitchen||First floor||Yes||Yes|
|Freetown: Living Room||First floor||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Freetown: Patio||First floor||Yes||Yes|
|Hockey fields||Outdoor facility||Yes||Yes|
|Music Studio||Second floor||Yes||Yes|
|Obstacle course||Outdoor facility||Yes|
|Painting Studio||Second floor||Yes|
|Photo Studio||First floor||Yes, after completing course||Yes|
|Pottery Studio||First floor||Yes|
|Rehearsal Studio A-F||First floor||Yes||Yes|
|Rhythm A+B||First floor||Yes||Yes|
|Rugby field||Outdoor facility||Yes|
|Screen Printing Studio||Second floor||Yes|
|Soccer fields||Outdoor facility||Yes||Yes|
|Strength||Ground floor||Can only be used within the program range|
|Tennis courts||Outdoor facility||Yes||Yes|
|Theatre Hall||Second floor||Yes|
|Woodworking Studio||First floor||Yes|
|X2||Ground floor||Yes, half side: X2A / X2B||Yes|
|X3||Ground floor||Yes, half side: X3A / X3B||Yes|
Promotional facilities at X
It is important to us that our visitors feel comfortable and can take distance from everyday routines. For this reason, we keep our building and outdoor area as neutral as possible and do not allow promotional material to be handed out or displayed.
External parties do have the opportunity to use the following channels, provided the message is specifically intended for students:
- You are free to hang a poster on the poster wall in the entrance hall. The hosts can tell you where this wall is. Please also remove the poster when a date has passed and/or the topic is no longer relevant.
- You can have a slide displayed on our narrowcasting screens for a maximum of 2 weeks. You can submit the slide to email@example.com. The format of the JPG file should be 1920x1080 pixels.
- In consultation with X's Communication team, additional promotion is sometimes possible. For example, sharing a post on Instagram.
- In some situations, we allow promotional actions on the front square at X, for example if an action has a lot in common with our own mission/vision. If you, as a party, have this wish, please discuss whether this is possible/permitted with the Communication team.
In addition, take into account the general TU Delft campus guidelines.