Boxing is a tactical martial arts in which insight, fitness, footwork and hand-eye coordination are key. Despite the many rules, boxing is an intense martial arts. During a match, the boxers try to score points by hitting their opponent in the right target areas or landing a knock-out punch (KO). To make sure the boxing is fair, matches are held in various categories (based on gender, experience and weight).
Safety measures coronavirus
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from one another, except during team and contact sports.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- Make sure you have your Campus Card/X card with you if you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription.
During this customized boxing training as a result of COVID measures you will work completely individually on improving condition, flexibility, stamina and increasing your strength. You will complete an intensive program in your own part of the room under the guidance of the boxing trainer. In addition, you will use the available punching bags to improve your punching techniques and -combinations.
Richard followed the KSS2 assistant trainer/coach and KSS3 trainer/coach courses at the Nederlandse Boksbond and has been giving boxing lessons for years. He wants to motivate people for the boxing sport. During the lessons, he takes into account everyone's level and offers help and tips to improve your condition and/or technique.