Handball is a team sport that has been around for quite a long time. But handball as we know it today is relatively young and gaining huge popularity all over the world. There are two variants of handball; field handball (which is played outside) and indoor handball. It is the latter variant which is very popular in the Netherlands. Handball is a fast and technical sport, in which you are an attacker and a defender at the same time. This makes the sport a real physical challenge!
Safety measures coronavirus:
- Adhere to the RIVM guidelines and the guidelines of the TU Delft.
- Keeping 1.5 metres distance is no longer a rule; however, it is still a sensible idea to allow each other plenty of room.
- Any symptoms: stay at home and get tested.
- Good hygiene remains important.
- If you take part in activities that fall under your X subscription, make sure you have your Campus Card or X card with you.
- Inside Cafe X and at some events, a COVID certificate is required.
Handball association D.S.H.V. Torius offers handball training sessions in collaboration with X. The only way to participate in the handball training sessions is as a member of this association.
There is a training group for men and one for women. The training sessions usually consist of a warming-up and different match, technical and tactical exercises, for example throwing, defending, practicing tactical systems and learning running patterns for games.
You need a valid X year subscription and association membership to participate.X subscription
|You’ll need a membership of the association.|
|Wear comfortable sports clothing and indoor shoes.|