Dr.ir. R.A. (Remco) Verzijlbergh
Remco Verzijlbergh has a MSc in Applied Physics (TU Delft) and obtained his PhD in the Energy & Industry section at TU Delft, TPM. He is also co-founder and director of operations at Whiffle, a company that specializes in high-resolution weather forecasting.
Remco's research focuses on the numerical modelling of renewable energy systems. Specific topics include power system operations, optimization, smart energy systems, demand response and renewable energy forecasting.
Remco is mainly involved in supervising BSc, MSc and PhD students in the field of renewable energy systems and energy meteorology.
- Verzijlbergh, R. A., De Vries, L. J., & Lukszo, Z. (2014). Renewable Energy Sources and Responsive Demand. Do We Need Congestion Management in the Distribution Grid? Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on, 29(5), 2119–2128. doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2014.2300941
- Verzijlbergh, R. A., De Vries, L. J., Dijkema, G. P. J., & Herder, P. M. (2017). Institutional challenges caused by the integration of renewable energy sources in the European electricity sector. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 75, 660–667. doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.039
- Verzijlbergh, R. A., Grond, M. O. W., Lukszo, Z., Slootweg, J. G., & Ilic, M. D. (2012). Network Impacts and Cost Savings of Controlled EV Charging. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 3(3), 1203–1212. doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2012.2190307
- Verzijlbergh, R. A., Heijnen, P. W., de Roode, S. R., Los, A., & Jonker, H. J. J. (2015). Improved model output statistics of numerical weather prediction based irradiance forecasts for solar power applications. Solar Energy, 118, 634–645. doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2015.06.005
- Verzijlbergh, R. A., Brancucci Martinez-Anido, C., Lukszo, Z., & de Vries, L. J. (2014). Does controlled electric vehicle charging substitute cross-border transmission capacity? Applied Energy, 120, 169–180.
- Verzijlbergh, R. A., Jonker, H. J. J., Heus, T., & De Arellano, J. V.-G. (2009). Turbulent dispersion in cloud-topped boundary layers. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 9(4), 1289–1302.
- +31 15 27 86351
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Engineering Systems and Services
Energy and Industry
Renewable energy systems
Renewable energy forecasting
Ir. R.A. Verzijlbergh
2015-09-01 - 2025-09-01
Advisering/onderzoek en overig