Master's graduation procedure
If you wish to take sub-programmes or subjects outside the regulations of your degree programme, you must ask permission in advance of your degree programme Board of Examiners.
- Check whether your coordinator must approve your track or specialisation and arrange this if necessary.
- Check your study programme in MyTUDelft. Make sure Study Programme Administration, SPA (email@example.com) has processed your completed electives.
Registering for the Degree audit
Submit your registration for the degree audit no later than 20 working days before the meeting of the Board of Examiners. All requirements must be met no later than five working days before the meeting in question.
You can register for the degree audit by mailing the application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Examiners meets once a month. The date of your last exam will be recorded on your diploma. If you have to wait for a graduation ceremony, you can request a 'transcript of qualifications' from email@example.com. This will be issued if, for example, you have to report to an employer.
5 working days after the registration
The Study Programme Administration (SPA) will notify you as to whether you meet all the requirements for registration. The Board of Examiners judges the requirements for graduation, the SPA will check if you have any financial obligations. If you meet all the requirements, you will receive an invitation for the graduation ceremony from TNW student affairs, and you can indicate the number of people who will accompany you. The ceremony mostly starts at 16.00 hours.
If you cannot attend the graduation ceremony you can pick it up at the secretary office of ESA TNW. You can send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Terminating your enrolment
Please note! Make sure you have checked your study programme carefully before you terminate your enrolment.
In accordance with the Higher Education Act (Wet op het hoger onderwijs WHW) you can terminate your enrolment before the end of any month of the year. You can therefore do this immediately after you have passed your last subject and before you receive your degree certificate. Please note that your last grade must be dated before you have an authorized registration for the programme. Grades that are dated after the date your registration period has ended cannot be processed. For more information see here and the procedure for International Students below.
Please subscribe to our alumni for life via this link
Information for international students
Are you staying in the Netherlands?
Are you returning home after graduation?
Please take following actions: (please note that this is not a comprehensive list but is simply intended as guidance)
- Deregister at the municipality where you registered yourself (check their website for instructions how you can do that)
- Hand in accommodation keys to the agency
- Close Dutch bank account if applicable
- Cancel your Dutch health insurance if applicable (claims should be filed before departure)
- Cancel/close any other service/utility account which you may have activated during your stay
- Be aware that your TU Delft email account will be deactivated after 90 days