Student IT Desk
The Student IT Desk (SID) offers help with substantive questions about software you are going to use within your studies, helps you with the installation of the software and quickly guides you through the package. But you can also contact us with practical questions about your laptop, such as how to access the Internet, which printing facilities are available and how to use them. Our goal is to help you with all your ICT questions and problems so that you can quickly get back to work on your studies.
The SID is staffed by experienced students who, based on their own knowledge and experience, would like to help you further. After all, they know better than anyone what facilities you need during your studies.
DUE TO THE SITUATION REGARDING CORONA, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The Student IT Desk desks in the various buildings are open again. Due to the applicable RIVM guidelines, we can only facilitate a limited number of people at the desk. Queues at the desk are not desirable. Therefore we urgently request you to first look for the solution on ictmanuals.tudelft.nl. If you want to contact the SID's, please do so in the first instance via e-mail and theSelf Service Portal.
- Email: The email addresses of the various SID locations can be found at www.sid.tudelft.nl.
- Self Service Portal: fill in the form on the Self Service Portal. Choose in the field 'Service point' a Student IT Desk, Service point LIB or Service point Pulse.
On the TU Delft ICT Manuals website: http://ictmanuals.tudelft.nl you will find a lot of information for solving common problems.
Via the links below you will find various software packages (free or discounted) that you can use at home for study purposes.
- TU Software portal https://software.tudelft.nl (login with NetID)
- Surfspot https://www.surfspot.nl (login with NetID)
In case of damage to your laptop purchased through the TU Laptopproject, please consult https://www.tudelft.nl/studenten/ict/ict-voorzieningen/laptopproject/hardware-support/.
- Select Eduroam from wireless networks
- Log in with the following credentials:
- Username: “your NetID”@tudelft.nl
- Password: ********
- Go to webmail.tudelft.nl and log in with your netid.
- To set up mail for outlook and mobile devices visit: ictmanuals.tudelft.nl > email and calendar
You can look up your e-mail address on http://e-service.tudelft.nl. You can also set up e-mail forwarding to another address through that website.
When forwarding, always leave a copy in your TU Delft mailbox and check it regularly, in case there’s a problem with forwarding your mail.
Go to ictmanuals.tudelft.nl > Printing, scanning and copying
To activate your netid, go to: password.tudelft.nl and use your ‘one time key’ to set a password.
Go to e-service.tudelft.nl to change your personal information and upload your photo.