Student IT Desk
Welcome to the Student IT Desk (SID) website. SID offers assistance in solving technical questions about the software you will use during your degree programme and helps you to install the software, ensuring that you quickly become acquainted with the package.You can also contact us with any practical questions you may have about your laptop, including how to gain internet access, what printing facilities are available and how you can use them. Our aim is to deal with all your ICT questions and problems so that you can quickly resume work on your degree programme.
The SID is staffed by experienced students whose own knowledge and experiences mean that they enjoy providing assistance to you. Ultimately, they know better than anyone else what facilities you need during your degree programme.
Adhok (faculty Architecture)Julianalaan 134 (BG.Midden.130)
2628 BL Delft
+31 (0) 15 278 8882
SID Fellowship (building 66)Kluyverweg 5
2629 HS Delft
+31 (0) 15 278 8887
Studoc (faculty CEG)Stevinweg 1 (first floor)
2628 CN Delft
+31 (0) 15 278 8884
SID Drebbelweg (building 35)Cornelis Drebbelweg 5 (main entrance)
2628 CM Delft
+31 (0) 15 278 8883
SID PulseLandbergstraat 19
2628 CE Delft
+31 (0)15 278 9830
TU Delft LibraryPrometheusplein 1 (main entrance)
2628 ZC Delft
+31 (0) 15 278 8881
Adhok (Faculty of Architecture):
- Monday till Friday 09.00 - 17.00 hrs
Student IT Desk-Drebbelweg (Building 35, EWI):
- Monday till Thursday 07.30 - 20.30 hrs
- Friday 07.30 - 18.00 hrs
- Monday till Sunday 08.00 - 00.00 hrs
Student IT Desk - Fellowship:
- Monday till Friday 08.00 - 20.00 hrs
- Exam periods and lecture-free weeks: Monday till Friday 08.00 - 00.00 hrs, Saturday - Sunday 08.00 - 22.00 hrs
Studoc (Faculty of CEG):
- Monday till Thursday 08.00 - 22.00 hrs
- Friday 08.00 - 18.00 hrs
- Exam periods and lecture-free weeks: Monday till Friday 08.00 - 22.00 hrs, Saturday 08.00 - 18.00 hrs
TU Delft Library:
- Monday till Sunday 08.00 - 00.00 hrs
- Exam periods and lecture-free weeks: Monday till Sunday 08.00 - 02.00 hrs
All Student IT Desks can help you with the following ICT questions or problems (basic services). In addition to these basic services, a number of locations also offers a number of specific services; these are described below.
- answering first- and second-line software questions (installation and technical questions)
- answering questions about laptops
- laptop installation support
- information point
- help with installation and problems relating to the wireless network
- troubleshooting for problems with TU Delft-related systems, via Blackboard
- help with hardware problems for laptop purchased via the TU Delft laptopproject. You can contact the SID-Drebbelweg (building 35).
- assistance with and answering questions about printing
- making available manuals and ICT-related lecture notes
- updating and developing a software installations database, registering frequently occurring issues and FAQs.
- managing the render farm (a group of servers used for Maya program rendering calculations)
- in the event of hardware problems on TU laptops, you can obtain (in some cases) a laptop on loan while yours is being repaired. When it has been repaired, you can collect your laptop here and hand in the laptop on loan.
- helping students with problems with TU Delft computers (this service is currently available at the library, and EEMCS intends to offer it at the support desk as well)
- monitoring computers in the CEG computer rooms (currently also done at the EEMCS support desk)
- supervising the quiet room
- supervising the STUDOC library
- issuing keys for evening courses
- Short-term storage: Short-term storage facilities for laptops etc. (at own risk). Valuable equipment can be stored temporarily at the Helpdesk during short breaks. This can be useful to enable people to use the toilet, etc. without having to take equipment with them or leave it unattended (theft prevention).
- Document storage: Groups working on projects can store hard copies of materials temporarily at the Helpdesk.
- Loan facilities: Students can borrow adapters, internet banking equipment and other devices or accessories from the Helpdesk. Equipment is loaned based on a security deposit system (you must leave your student card or travel card with photo).
TU Delft Library
- Click here for an overview