Student IT Desk
Welcome to the Student IT Desk (SID) website. SID offers assistance in solving technical questions about the software you will use during your degree programme and helps you to install the software, ensuring that you quickly become acquainted with the package.You can also contact us with any practical questions you may have about your laptop, including how to gain internet access, what printing facilities are available and how you can use them. Our aim is to deal with all your ICT questions and problems so that you can quickly resume work on your degree programme.
The SID is staffed by experienced students whose own knowledge and experiences mean that they enjoy providing assistance to you. Ultimately, they know better than anyone else what facilities you need during your degree programme.
DUE TO THE SITUATION REGARDING CORONA, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The Student IT Desk will remain to provide support as best as possible under the current circumstances. For the time being you can only contact us by e-mail and the Self Service Portal for your ICT related questions.
- Email: you can only contact the SID locations Adhok, Library, Pulse and Studoc. Find the e-mail address of the SID locations on www.sid.tudelft.nl
- Self Service Portal https://tudelft.topdesk.net/tas/public/ssp/ (choose one of the Student IT Desks , Adhok, Library, Pulse or Studoc as Operator Group)
You are encouraged to try first to solve your problem with the help of the manuals offered by TU Delft ICT Manuals http://ictmanuals.tudelft.nl
You can find below different software packages (free or with discount) which you can use at home for study purpose.
- TU Software portal https://software.tudelft.nl (login with NetID)
- Surfspot https://www.surfspot.nl (login with NetID)
In case of any hardware damage to your laptop contact the SID first through the indicated channels above. Do not visit the SID locations since we are closed to public and cannot help you at the desk.
- Only open by appointment.
- Open on weekdays from 08:30-15:30.
- Closed from August 3rd till August 7th.
- Closed but accessible per e-mail and SSP.
TU Delft Library
- Accessible per e-mail and SSP.
- For opening hours check their website (https://www.tudelft.nl/library).
Adhok (Faculty of Architecture):
- Monday till Friday 09.00 - 17.00 hrs
Student IT Desk-Drebbelweg (Building 35):
- Monday till Thursday 07.30 - 20.30 hrs
- Friday 07.30 - 18.00 hrs
- Closed from Monday February 3rd till Friday February 7nd
- Monday till Sunday 08.00 - 00.00 hrs
Student IT Desk - Fellowship:
- Monday till Friday 08.00 - 20.00 hrs
- Exam periods and lecture-free weeks: Monday till Friday 08.00 - 00.00 hrs, Saturday - Sunday 08.00 - 22.00 hrs
Studoc (Faculty of CEG):
- Monday till Thursday 08.00 - 22.00 hrs
- Friday 08.00 - 18.00 hrs
- Exam periods and lecture-free weeks: Monday till Friday 08.00 - 22.00 hrs, Saturday 09.00 - 18.00 hrs
TU Delft Library:
- Monday till Sunday 08.00 - 00.00 hrs
- Exam periods and lecture-free weeks: Monday till Sunday 08.00 - 02.00 hrs
All Student IT Desks can help you with the following ICT questions or problems (basic services). In addition to these basic services, a number of locations also offers a number of specific services; these are described below.
- answering first- and second-line software questions (installation and technical questions)
- answering questions about laptops
- laptop installation support
- information point
- help with installation and problems relating to the wireless network
- troubleshooting for problems with TU Delft-related systems
- help with hardware problems for laptop purchased via the TU Delft laptopproject. You can contact the SID-Drebbelweg (building 35).
- assistance with and answering questions about printing
- making available manuals and ICT-related lecture notes
- updating and developing a software installations database, registering frequently occurring issues and FAQs.
- managing the render farm (a group of servers used for Maya program rendering calculations)
- In the event of hardware problems on laptops bought via the TU Laptopproject, you can obtain in some cases a laptop on loan while yours is being repaired.