Design for Values: Playground meeting
14 juni 2023 12:30 t/m 13:30 | Zet in mijn agenda
The monthly playgrounds rotate between faculties. You are cordially invited to the upcoming playground on June 14th: 12.30 – 13.30 at the Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
Please register so we can order your free vegetarian lunch!
- Opening and welcome by Ibo Megha and Stefan
- Design for values by Ibo
- The Delft Digital Ethics Centre (DDEC) & the Delft Design for Values Institute (DDfV)
- Short talk by Luciano Cavalcante Siebert on Meaningful Human Control over AI systems
The monthly playgrounds rotate between faculties. You are cordially invited to the upcoming playground on June 14th: 12.30 – 13.30 at the Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (tudelft.nl).
About the Delft Design for Values Institute
Design for Values is aimed at systematically integrating values of moral importance in the design of products, services and systems from the start of the design process. The institute focuses on a broad range of values including safety, sustainability, privacy, justice & fairness, diversity & inclusion, and well-being, as well as on a wide range of domains and applications areas, like smart cities, healthcare, water management, infrastructure, energy, and consumer products.
The Delft Design for Values Institute (DDfV) brings together expertise in design and (moral) values and is a collaboration between five faculties: TPM, IDE, BK, CTIG and EEMCS. DDfV is directed by prof. dr. ir. Ibo van de Poel. The Management Board consists of representatives of the five participating faculties: Carola Hein/Rachel Lee (BK), Edo Abraham (CiTG), Marina Bos–De Vos (IDE), Megha Khosla (EEMCS), and Michael Klenk (TBM) and Marielle Feenstra (TBM – Coordination DDfV), and Maria Novas Ferradas (BK – Coordination DDfV).
The institute has formulated the following four ambitions for the next five years:
- Consolidating DDfV as an international leading knowledge institute in the field of design and values,
- Acquiring external funding for interdisciplinary research on Design for Values,
- Integrating Design for Values in educational programs at the TU Delft,
- Increasing external visibility through an annual theme.
For 2023 the annual theme is Design for Justice.
If you have questions or are interested in our activities, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org