About the role
As an event host you initiate and organize an alumni gathering, with the help of the TU Delft Alumni Relations team. This could be anything from an informal gathering at a pub, to a lecture on a specific topic or a series of pitches from fellow alumni. All ideas are welcome! If you don’t have an idea yourself, but would like to bring alumni together in your local area; you can host an Event in a Box.
The tasks can entail, but are not limited to:
- Come up with an idea of the event or host an Event in a Box
- Set a date, time and location for the event
- Be point of contact for the visitors and TU Delft Alumni Relations
- Help with promotion of the event
Several hours in preparation and during the event.
You arrange the venue for the event. This could be a local venue at a restaurant, hotel or pub or your home. Do keep in mind that we need to discuss the budget beforehand.
- Flexible, able to plan and organize work
- Customer focussed attitude
- Experience in event organising is a plus
Benefits of being involved:
- Connect to local TU Delft community
- Build your network, both personally and professionally
- Meaningfully engage by offering content to TU Delft community
What can you expect from us?
- Alumni Relations will help you to organise events by taking care of the communication, promotion and registration, and give advice on the format of the event
- Connect you to other alumni who can help you
- Recommendation by TU Delft Alumni Relations on LinkedIn, if desired
TU Delft Alumni Relations
It is TU Delft’s mission to have an “impact for a better society”. TU Delft Alumni Relations contributes to this mission by building and maintaining a valuable relationship with TU Delft graduates. This creates a vibrant alumni community, in which alumni voluntarily invest their time, talent and network into TU Delft, its students, researchers and fellow alumni. Our goal is to enrich the student experience, to enable impactful research, to connect the curriculum to the needs of the labour market, and to expand the professional and personal network of alumni. This with the ultimate goal to facilitate impactful initiatives through the network.
Who are alumni volunteers?
Alumni who voluntarily invest their time, talent and network into TU Delft, its students, and the alumni community. By doing so, they are of great value to (the mission of) TU Delft and the whole TU Delft community. TU Delft requires each volunteer to read and comply with this Alumni Volunteer Code of Conduct in order to be eligible to participate in TU Delft alumni volunteer activities.