International Office BK
The International Office wants to contribute to a better, diverse and international environment at the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment. Therefore, we promote and facilitate mobility of students with the following services:
The International Office stimulates and facilitates mobility of outgoing and incoming students. We have bilateral agreements with partners all over the world. Our students can go to these partners for one semester and we receive their students (in general) for one semester.
If you are interested to study abroad, you can arrange this via our International Office. The main advantages are:
- You only pay tuition fee at your home university
- The courses can be added to your TUD transcript of records after your return
- In most cases, you can apply for a scholarship
- A lot of host universities help exchange students with the procedures, applying for visa, finding accommodation and so on
- In case there are problems, International Office can assist.
At our faculty:
- You can go on exchange during the bachelor (BSc5) and/or during the master (MSc2; MBE & Geomatics: MSc3).
- Exchange is always for one full semester
Incoming students get offered fixed course packages. International Office BK:
- Arranges the enrolment for the first semester. NB. After confirmation changes are not possible.
- Informs you about: what to do before departure, like transcript and signs all exchange related documents.
More practical information for incoming exchange students can be found here.
Please check the following websites before going on a trip to ensure you:
In case a vaccination is required or advised the International Office BK signs vaccination forms for students to get discount. To sign these forms, the accompanying teacher must send a list to firstname.lastname@example.org with all names and study numbers of the students joining.
For the full (post)master the International Office BK facilitates the admission and selection process for students with a Non-Dutch BSc degree.
International Office BK arranges:
- A soft landing by means of a MSc kick off programme and a MSc buddy programme,
- The enrolment for the courses of the 1st semester. If you have questions about this, please email: email@example.com.
Practical information about:
Internships are not facilitated by International Office BK. Students can contact the internship coordinators.
Open office hour
Come to the open office hour for brief information-focused questions or to have forms signed.
The open office hour usually takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 13:00 to 14:00 p.m. in BG.Oost 240.
Current information about the open office hour can be found on Brightspace ‘Study Abroad – BK’.
The open office is meant for:
- Questions that cannot be found on our websites and Brightspace page.
- To sign Learning Agreements or other statements and forms
If you think your question will take longer than 5 to 10 minutes, please make an appointment: InternationOffice-BK@tudelft.nl.
When you make an appointment, briefly state your question, your name, student number and which semester you are in.
Staff International Office BK:
- Marion Faludi
Working days: Monday, Tuesday and Friday
- Christel Swarttouw-Hofmeijer
Working days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Janneke Westerweel-Schadee
Working days: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday