Enrolment Education & Exams
Students need to enrol themselves for courses and exams for both the Bachelor and Master. New Bachelor students and International and Exchange students of the Master programme are enrolled for the first semester automatically, however, for the enrolment of the next semester you are personally responsible. This enrolment is compulsory to be able to participate in educational activities. Finally, you need to register for examinations as well.
Below you can find more information per subject.
Don't forget to re-enrol at university every year. This starts with registering via Studielink and paying your tuition fees. More information on enrolment can be found here, on the general TU Delft website.
If you have registered for education, this does not mean that you are automatically registered for the examination. You must register separately for exams via My.TUDelft.nl or the MyTUDelft app (formerly Osiris). Make sure you register in time for your exam. If you do not, you cannot take part. This can be done up to 14 calendar days before the exam day.
More information on registering for exams can be found here, on TU Delft's general page.
Enrolment in education takes place twice a year in set periods. Enrolment is mandatory in order to participate in educational activities. Each student must indicate halfway through the second quarter which education he/she would like to take the following semester.
First-year students please note: you are obliged to sign up for education in the spring semester in order to be able to participate in the courses in this semester (signing up for education is separate from registering with TU Delft via Studielink). Before the start of the education you will be checked whether you meet the admission requirements.
The registration period for all courses/studio's in the Bachelor and Master runs from Monday 27 November 9.00 until Friday 8 December 23.59.
Enrolment for education is via the enrolment system BIS (Architecture Enrolment System). Click here to be linked to the enrolment system. In the registration system you indicate your preference for the education programme you want to follow in the coming semester. Changing programmes after closing the registration programme is not possible!
Enrolling for Master courses with limited capacity
Most Master electives have a maximum number of students that can participate. You can only register for these courses as long as the maximum number of available places has not been reached. When the maximum is reached, you will have to sign up for an alternative course. It is therefore important to consider your preferred alternative options before registering for a course with a maximum. Then you can sign up for those right away.
To plan your electives, use the study guide. This contains the provisional timetable details. studiegids.tudelft.nl
MSc2 and MSc3 Architecture studio (please note this only applies to the Architecture track)
- When registering in BIS, you select your first choice within the MSc2 Design Studios or MSc 3 Graduation Studio. You will then be asked to select a second and third choice.
- Education & Student Affairs will try to place students on their first or second choice as much as possible.
- If there are more registrations for a Design Studio or MSc 3 studio than available places, Education & Student Affairs will determine by drawing lots which students will be placed in the respective Design Studio or MSc 3 Studio
- f you are placed in your 3rd choice, we will register this. You will then be prioritized as far as possible for grading during a subsequent enrolment procedure. You will also be asked by Education and Student Affairs whether you wish to be placed on a waiting list for your first or second choice. If places become available, a draw will be made with the names on this waiting list.
The registration period for all courses/studio's in the Bachelor and Master runs from 15 May 9.00 until Friday 26 May 23.59.
By 1 July 2023, students will receive notification of which Project or Studio they have been placed for.
Registration for Building Technology electives
- Registration for Building Technology electives does not guarantee participation in the courses.
- If the number of registrations for the courses below exceeds the capacity, Building Technology (BT) students will be given priority for placement, as it is a compulsory choice in their study programme.
- If, at the end of the enrolment period for any of the courses, more BT students are enrolled than the capacity of that course, lots will be drawn to determine which students will be placed in the course.
- If the number of BT students enrolled in these programmes is lower than the capacity, but there are still more enrolments in total than available places, the BT students will be placed first, the other (non-BT) students will be placed in the available places in order of enrolment.
If, during or after the registration period, you decide not to participate in a course for which you have registered, it is very important that you sign out for this course. You can do this yourself by logging into BIS and selecting 'sign out' in the menu. For the proper organisation of education, it is important that the number of registrations for a course corresponds to the number of students who will actually participate in the course. So do not forget to sign out if you decide not to participate in a course after all, and also sign out with the course coordinator. Note:
If you have signed up for education, this does not mean that you are automatically signed up for the exam as well. You must register separately for exams via Osiris.
Students can NOT register or deregister for education via Osiris (the 'Register/Deregister' function in Osiris is not operational).
For questions regarding course enrolment, please email: Intekenenemail@example.com