Academic and career counselling in the faculty

Academic counsellors are available to students at all TU faculties. They are involved with everything that has to do with students’ living and academic conditions. Students are always permitted to consult student counsellors, especially when they have encountered problems. 

The academic counsellors can be consulted for:

  • information about the degree course, the educational program and the regulations applying to the degree course,
  • help with academic planning, for instance in cases of a delay in studies,
  • choosing an academic program (subjects),
  • exemption from exams and exam disciplines,
  • the transfer from a polytechnic to university,
  • help with applications for financial support under the Graduation Assistance Regulations or from other TU Delft funds,
  • registering delays in studies, and help with withdrawal and possible refunds in case special circumstances beyond the student's control,
  • advice on discontinuing one’s studies, also for students who wish to leave TU Delft and continue their studies elsewhere,
  • advice on transfers, that is when transferring from degree courses within TU Delft,
  • referral to a student psychologist,central student counsellor or the TU Delft Career Centre.