Supportive statements

e.g. Profiling Fund, BSA, DUO and MoMi

You should always first contact the academic counsellor at your faculty should you experience a study delay due to unforeseen circumstances. He/She will inform and advise you on (financial) support available, as well as help you in the application process for Profiling Fund, BSA, DUO, etc.

Should you require an expert statement from a university-contracted doctor, you should contact Student Health Care (SGZ) via +31(0)15-2121507 or

Keep in mind there are different hand-in deadlines for different requests. The academic counsellor can help you with this. Make sure you apply for the supportive statement 21 days before the hand-in deadline!

We can only write a supportive statement if someone is receiving or received psychological treatment*. Or if there is tangible evidence of a diagnosis with a study disability (AD(H)D / autism spectrum disorder).

Should you require a supporting statement from a psychologist: please follow the 6-step procedure described below.
Note: only fully completed requests will be accepted.

  1. First make an appointment with an academic counsellor.
  2. Download and fill in the psychologists' information form and the consent form as complete as possible.
  3. Write a 'personal statement' of what happened during the period in which you started to fall behind in your studies (max. 1 A4).
  4. Should you have received treatment from a support professional outside TU Delft, we need information regarding the treatment. You are required to ask the professional that treated you to answer the questions in this letter.
  5. Email the fully completed psychologists' information form together with your 'personal statement', any additional treatment information, for the MoMi the 'study progress form' and/or other relevant information to (21 days before the deadline). Please indicate in the subject box what support procedure the statement is required for (Profiling Fund / BSA / DUO / Momi).
    • On receiving all relevant information you will be invited to meet one of the psychologists as soon as possible. The meeting takes place via your TU Delft Teams account.
    • Should the psychologist see grounds for a supportive statement, it will usually be given to you right after the appointment.
  6. Report to the academic counsellor again and bring the 'personal statement'  (you may omit personal issues that you reported to the psychologist) + the supporting statement. 

* A psychological treatment means that conversations have taken place with a licensed psychologist, GZ-psychologist, clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, psychiatrist or POH-GGZ (offer psychological treatment at the general practitioner). Are you in doubt if we can write a statement for you? Please contact us at