Thesis at a company
When writing your thesis with a company you first have to agree on a thesis project with a TU Delft supervisor. Besides a supervisor from TU Delft, you will also need a supervisor from the company.
Steps for graduating at a company:
- Follow the graduation guidelines of your programme, complete the steps required before starting your thesis.
- Find a TU Delft supervisor first! Together with your TU Delft supervisor, you can find a company supervisor
- Discuss your thesis project with your supervisor and your company supervisor
- Fill in the three-party agreement, and check the final version of the agreement with your TU Delft supervisor.
- Get the TU Delft three-party contract signed by the company, and sign it yourself. Send it to email@example.com for approval and signature by the Dean.
You have to sign a three-party agreement (you, the company, and TU Delft). You can find the contract and conditions that go with it below. It is mandatory to use the three-party contract. Please get the agreement signed by a representative of the company and sing it yourself. You can then send it for approval (and eventual signature by the Dean) to thesis-EEMCS@tudelft.nl.
TU Delft will not sign an additional agreement between the student and the company.
TU Delft strives toward open access of thesis reports. As a consequence, TU Delft prefers no limitations on publication of thesis reports. If a company holds that their interests are compromised by immediate publication, an embargo at a maximum length of 2 years is allowed. Should a company insist on a longer embargo period, please contact the faculty’s Internship Office as soon as possible with a thoroughly motivated request from the company. This request will have to be approved by the Vice President of the TU Delft.
Non EU students
Non EU students need an additional Nuffic agreement if they do a thesis at a company in the Netherlands. This agreement is used instead of a work permit. The internship office can sign the Nuffic agreement for you. You find the agreement below. Please send the filled out Nuffic agreement together with your contract stating the beginning and end date by email to thesis-EEMCS@tudelft.nl.