Design Leadership and Innovation
Improving innovation performance through strategic design practices
Innovation is key for companies to prosper, but innovation is challenging. Companies need to cope with rapid technological evolution, complex innovation dynamics, and empowered customers. Research has shown that strategic design practices can play a leading role in overcoming these challenges, steering innovation towards successful outcomes.
Given in 2015, 2017 and 2021
"To look beyond the design of the artefact itself and focus on the added value it brings to both the end user and producer was very valuable."
Participant IDE Master Class
This IDE Master Class is aimed at designers who would like to take a more strategic role in the innovative efforts of companies, and who want to go beyond executing new product/service design briefs. By using a three-step approach for leading and managing strategic innovation projects, this course will teach design professionals how to upgrade their existing design practices for strategic purposes, and transform them into powerful innovation drivers. Participants will learn how to use these practices to impact strategic decision-making, win stakeholders’ support, and identify relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
During this master class you will learn:
- a design driven approach for leading strategic design projects;
- key strategic design practices and some related tools;
- a KPI-driven way of looking at companies;
- a way of thinking that combines design principles and business sense.
- A 3-step process for leading strategic design projects
- Cases and examples of strategic design practices in use
- Models of (economic) value generation through design and their use (KPIs)