An original or certified copy of your bachelor's diploma.
Haven’t graduated yet? Then provide an original or certified copy of a certified statement from your university confirming the type of diploma/degree you will obtain.
If the diploma/transcript is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required.
An original or certified copy of your official academic transcript(s), front and back, in the original language.
Haven’t graduated yet? Then provide an original or certified copy of your official provisional transcript. Your CGPA must meet the requirements at the time of application.
If the transcript is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required.
English Language Certificate
The following English language certificates are accepted:
- TOEFL iBT
- When registering for the test, indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, 0031. If you have already taken the test and did not indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, then check the test organisation’s website on how to provide TU Delft access to your scores.
- IELTS (academic version)
- Cambridge Assessment English
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Instead of your English language certificate, you may also upload a screen print from the test organisation’s website with your test results. Your name, test date, and scores must be clearly visible in the screen shot.
- For EU/EFTA nationals
The English language certificate may be uploaded until 1 July, provided that all other required application documents are uploaded before the application deadline of 1 April. We advise, however, that EU/EFTA nationals upload their proof of English language proficiency as soon as possible to make sure their enrolment and access to services can be arranged in time.
- For People’s Republic of China nationals
For visa purposes you need a Nuffic certificate as proof of your English language proficiency. In order to obtain the Nuffic certificate you will need to take the IELTS or TOEFL internet-based test.
A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 – 1,500 words) addressing the following:
- Your motivation for choosing this MSc programme.
- Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here.
- If this MSc programme has specialisation(s), which specialisation interests you the most and why?
- Describe your hypothetical thesis project: what kind of project would you prefer? What would you want to explore? Please limit your answer to three possible topics.
- Summarize in a maximum of 250 words your BSc thesis work or final assignment/project. Please include information about the workload.
An extensive curriculum vitae (resume) written in English.
Proof of Identity
- Non EU/EFTA nationals
A photocopy of the page(s) of your passport that give your name, date of birth, place of birth, passport expiration date and signature. In addition, a photocopy of each stamped page is required.
The Dutch Immigration Office (IND) requires all Non EU/EFTA nationals applying for a visa/residence permit to have a passport valid for 6 months after the start of their studies. Please see our Dates and Deadlines page for more information about when each semester begins.
Will your passport expire within this period?
If accepted to your programme and your passport will expire within this period, you will need to upload a new passport by the following deadlines:
- First semester: 1 May
- Second semester: 1 November
Already living in the Netherlands?
In case you already live in the Netherlands, you need to also upload a copy of your residence permit (front and back).
- EU/EFTA Nationals
A photocopy of the page(s) of your passport that give your name, date of birth, place of birth and the passport expiration date or a photocopy of your European ID card (both sides).
Reference Letters (if applicable)
Only required for applicants applying for a scholarship listed on our website.
Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch. These letters must be
- from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- preferably written on the official letterhead /have the official stamp of the university or company.
- signed by the referee and include your complete name.
Is your referee hesitant to provide you with the letter? Then he/she can email a scanned PDF of the letter to email@example.com. His/her e-mail must include your complete name and TU Delft student number. You will be given this number upon registering in Studielink. If you choose this option, please upload a statement under “reference letter” in osiaan.tudelft.nl informing us of this decision. This statement should include the name and e-mail address of your referee.
Portfolio (if applicable)
Applicants applying for the following MSc-programmes are required to upload a digital portfolio. Note that each programme has its own portfolio requirements. Please click the links below for more information:
GRE (if applicable)
Applicants applying for the following MSc programmes are required to take the GRE revised General Test and upload their results in TU Delft’s application portal:
When registering for the test:
- Indicate TU Delft’s institutional code 3823.
- For 'school type' select 'graduate schools’.
- For 'department' select ‘any other department not listed'.
Your GRE test scores are an important part of your application and you should strive to submit the best possible scores. We do not set minimum GRE scores, but we look for applicants who attain a minimum score of 154 for Verbal Reasoning, 163 for Quantitative Reasoning, and 4.0 for Analytical Writing. We reserve the right to reject applicants who do not have these scores.
Final upload checklist
Please upload scans of the documents which are applicable to you:
- Bachelor’s degree + translation or degree confirmation statement
- Transcript + translation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Passport (all relevant pages) or European ID card (both sides)
- Residence permit
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Reference letters