Language courses

Learn the language

The rules and procedures regarding the language requirements are often subject to change. Therefore keep in mind that you should check the language requirements of the host university yourself.

Before you leave, you must have a sufficient command of the language in which the courses will be taught. Some partner universities require you to add language test results to your application. You must submit a certificate showing the language course you have taken or proof that you have registered for a suitable language course. For more information, please see the website of the Central Student Administration.

In addition to the language course taken before your exchange period starts, you can take an intensive language course abroad. The credit points allocated for language courses taken abroad could be honoured in the elective space. If you have obtained more credit points, these will be stated on your list of academic achievements.

If you want to participate in a language course there are several options. In the table below you can find some suggestions. Of course there are a lot more possibilities!