TU Delft minors for external students
Are you an external student looking to take a minor at Delft University of Technology? This page contains information about the range of minors offered, the registration process and other practical matters.
Do you study at a university in Leiden or Rotterdam? For more information, please visit the page for Leiden and Rotterdam students.
It is no longer possible to register for a Delft minor. The registration procedure is closed.
You do not need to register for the separate courses in the minor in which you are enrolled. A minor registration is sufficient. For more information, see the information page Registration for Courses and Exams.
TU Delft offers more than fifty minors each year. These are all offered in the first semester. TU Delft does not offer any minors in the second semester. The minors can be either broadening or deepening of your study. The period in which you can apply may differ. So have a good look at when you can apply.
Applying for a minor in Delft does not necessarily mean that you will be able to attend. Each external student will be assessed for admissibility and only placed after the regular application periods for TU Delft students have closed, but only if there are still places available.
In the admissions matrix you can see the thematic minors on offer for the coming year and the application period in which you can apply.
Deregister after registration
Have completed your minor or have you changed your mind about taking a thematic minor at TU Delft and do you want to deregister?
- Step 1: Contact the central minor coordination at TU Delft, stating your TU Delft student number and which minor you wish to deregister from.
- Step 2: Terminate your enrolment as a TU Delft (minor)student on time. This is your responsibility and will not be done automatically.
(note that if you discontinu your minor you also need to terminate your enrolment as a TU Delft (minor)student)
Important to note
- You may only apply for one thematic minor and it is not possible to change your minor.
- Registering does not guarantee a place.
- If you have registered for a selection minor, you will receive an email at the beginning of May telling you whether you have been assigned a place on the selection minor of your choice.
- If you have registered for a non-selection minor, you will receive an email mid-June telling you whether you have been assigned a place on the non-selection minor of your choice.
- To take a minor at TU Delft, you must have an active enrolment on a Bachelor's programme at another (Dutch) educational institution. If you have been assigned a place on a minor at TU Delft, you must show a Proof of Tuition Fee Payment (in Dutch: Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld, BBC) from your home institution as proof of your active Bachelor's programme enrolment. You can request a BBC through Studielink by arranging your payment details for TU Delft.
Do you still have questions after reading the above registration and placement procedure? Then first take a look at our frequently asked questions.
For questions about the content of the thematic minor of your preference, please contact the relevant minor coordinator.