Board of Examiners
The Examination Board of the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TPM) monitors the quality of the assessment within all study programmes of the faculty. It supervises the enforcement of the Education and Examination Regulations (TER) and issues the Rules and Guidelines of the Board of Examiners (RGBoE).
You can contact the Examination Board for individual requests with regard to the educational programme and for questions/deviations from the educational regulations (TER and RGBoE).
The Faculty TPM has one Board of Examiners for TPM programmes:
- Bachelor - Technische Bestuurskunde (TB)
- Master - Complex Systems Engineering and Management (CoSEM)
- Master - Engineering and Policy Analysis (EPA)
- Master - Management of Technology (MOT)
The Examination Board decides on a student's request within 40 working days of receipt of the request.
The Board of Examiners TPM has a walk-in consultation hour on Thursdays: 12:30 - 13:30 on campus (room A2.310) and online (link online consultation hour).
The board of examiners processes and decides about individual requests from students regarding the exam program. The Board of Examiners decides on a student's request within 40 working days after receipt of a complete request (academic holidays and public holidays have a suspensive effect).
- Always state your student number and study program (and, if applicable, if you are a bridging/secondary subject student)
- Describe your request and motivation accurately
- Send your request and other attachments preferably in PDF format
- Only complete requests will be processed.
Below you can find the most important requests:
- Free minor (BSc)
- MSc Specialisation / Electives Packages (MSc)
- Exemption for individual course
- Extra individual exam
- Alternative exam (because of disability)
- Written exam (because of enrolment after the deadline)
- Bachelor diploma (BSc)
- Admission to Master Thesis Project – exceptional admission MSc Kick Off
- Extension Master Thesis Project – due to personal circumstances (MSc)
- Capita selecta (one-time course code)
- Individual Double Degree (MSc)
- Exception cum laude regulation
- Approval to take courses at another university (statement guest student)
The Examination Board has a broad range of tasks in the area of examinations and examinations:
- Ensuring the quality of examinations and final examinations;
- Determining guidelines and instructions within the framework of the education and examination regulations to assess and determine the results of examinations, final tests and exams;
- Granting exemptions for taking examinations;
- Impose sanctions for fraud;
- Establish rules on the implementation of the above tasks and powers and on the measures that it can take in this respect;
- The Board of Examiners can determine under conditions to be set that not every examination has to be passed in order to establish that the examination has been successfully completed;
- Guaranteeing the quality of the organization and the procedures for exams and examinations;
- Granting approval to follow a free education program;
- Issuing of certificate and diploma supplement;
- Appointment of examiners;
- Annually prepare an annual report and provide it to the dean;
The Board of Examiners establishes the Rules and Guidelines of the Board of Examiners (RGBoE). These are a further elaboration of the Teaching and Examination Regulations (TER) that are determined annually by the dean. The Rules and Guidelines of the Board of Examiners include the duties of the Board of Examiners, the rules regarding testing and the manner in which requests are processed.
The secretariat of the Board of Examiners can be reached via examencommissie-TBM@tudelft.nl.
Requests for the Board of Examiners of TPM can be sent to the secretary of the Board of Examiners: examencommissie-TBM@tudelft.nl.
For more information about submitting requests, please check 'Submit a request' beforehand.