This refers to conditions that are (for the time being) chronic or permanent in nature and that structurally hinder you in following education and / or taking exams. There is also the possibility of financial compensation for a possible delay. To be eligible for this financial compensation and / or other facilities, you have to report your disability to the academic counsellor on time. They will treat your information confidentially. If you make use of facilities such as extra time, this will not be stated on your diploma.
In addition, specific workshops and training courses are offered within the theme “studying with a disability” and individual support is also possible.
Please also have a look on the page of Horizon, the desk for studying with a disability or extra support question.
Student Ambassadors for Disability
What we do:
- Answer miscellaneous questions from disabled students
- Create a FAQ manual for the disabled students (incl. medical documents, financial aid, assistive facilities)
- Create awareness of studying with a disability (such as how to course material, survey to enable students to inform their teacher)
- Organize social activities for TPM disabled students (maybe independent of Student Onbeperkt, possibly at the critical time points, i.e., OWee, BSA for 1st-year students, BSc Eindproject, MSc start, MoMi for 1st-year non-EU students, MSc Thesis)
- Collect general (anonymous if unspecified) feedback from students with disabilities
- Make newsletters concerning any updates for TPM students with disabilities
When to approach us if you
- Have question about possibilities of special assistance during courses and/or exams
- Just need someone to talk about your struggles with for example a specific course or the study load (anonymous/non-anonymous, currently unavailable)
- Have feedback or ideas on what could be improved at TPM