Persuasive Game Design
The motivational power of games to help people change is recognised more and more in society, business and science. In our persuasive game design model the user’s experience is the primal object of design. Gamification design is the means to change this user experience from a real world towards a motivational game world.
Given in 2015
"A combination of learning the theory of the design method, its effects and capabilities by sharing application experiences and making it practical by letting us apply the method on our cases."
Participant IDE Master Class
The game world experience facilitates pre-defined transfer goals (e.g. awareness, compliance, behavioural change) in the real world. In this 2-day workshop full of presentations and workshops we will introduce you to the theory of persuasive game design, its effects and capabilities, its design method and let you apply it to product service systems.
During this master class, you will:
- Understand the applications and limitations of persuasive game design for your work field
- learn how to communicate the potential of persuasive games within your organisation
- Learn what strategies are needed for successful persuasive game design - involving stakeholder collaboration, user research, gamification design, and validation research.
- Overview of persuasive game design: its theory, applications and design strategy
- Workshop on applying persuasive game design to product service systems
- Evaluation (brief) of the designs and discussion.