The term deficiencies refers to the elements that are missing from a student’s previous studies but are mandatory for taking examinations in the degree courses. Prospective students may have deficiencies in mathematics, physics and in some degree courses in chemistry and biology as well.
Deficiencies need to be eliminated before 1 September of the year in which you enroll.
- The deadline for bridging programmes of Architecture and Industrial Design is 31 December, see the hbo-website. Proficiency in English is required for Bridging Programmes.
- If you applied for one of the selection studies, deficiencies need to be eliminated before 15 July. See the website for more information.
A certified copy * of the result(s) need to be in possession of the Student Administration, Enrolment & Finance, Jaffalaan 9a, 2628 BX Delft before 1 October.
You need to register for such courses well in advance.
For English you can contact:
(An English language certificate may not be older than 2 years)
- certificaat; a minimum score of 90 for internet-based test
- IELTS certificaat; minimum score of 6.5 for the Academic test
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (C2) or the Certificate in Advanced English (C1) of University of Cambridge
* A certified copy of the diploma or certificate is a copy bearing an original certification stamp and a signature or initials from the institution of education. You can have a certified copy prepared by your own institution. It is also possible to take the original document to the service desk of the Contact Centre and to obtain a certified copy there.