The term deficiencies refers to the elements that are missing from a student’s previous studies but are mandatory for taking examinations in the degree courses. Prospective students may have deficiencies in mathematics, physics and for some degree courses in chemistry and biology as well. Please note: bridging programmes have different deadlines, admission requirements and deficiencies. Please consult this webpage with information about the bridging programme.
Deficiencies need to be eliminated before September 1st of the year in which you enrol by achieving a “sufficient” result at one of the following institutions mentioned below.
- If you applied for one of the selection studies, deficiencies need to be eliminated before 15 July. See the Numerus clausus-site.
Before the deadline of July 15th, it is possible for the student to request a postponement. This postponement can be granted until 15 August at the latest.
You can submit this request via Contactcentrefirstname.lastname@example.org.
A certified copy * of the result(s) needs to be in possession of the Student Administration, team Enrolment & Finance, Jaffalaan 9a, 2628 BX Delft by September 20th.
Several institutions offer courses with corresponding tests to eliminate your deficiencies. Institutions such as preliminary exams, Boswell-Bèta, Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics and Wismon.
Please contact the institutions well in advance for more information or to register for a course.
The entry requirement for English states that; The certificate for English may not be older than 2 years.
- TOEFL certificate; a minimum score of 90 for internet-based test
- IELTS certificate; minimum score of 6.5 for the Academic test
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (C2) or the Certificate in Advanced English (C1) of University of Cambridge
* A certified copy of the diploma or certificate is a copy bearing an original certification stamp as well as the signature or initials from the institution of education. You can have a certified copy prepared by your own institution. It is also possible to take the original document to the service desk of the Contact Centre and to obtain a certified copy there.
*) Please note: TU Delft may ask to view your original document. An invitation for this will be sent by e-mail.