How to shape your own Master
The course ‘Manage Your Master’ helps to support students in developing their own, personal vision on their MSc education and in developing a plan for the second year of the MSc (how to fill in the elective space and what to do for a graduation project).
In MYM, students are asked to think of several questions to help them make their choices. Possible questions for students include:
- What characterises me as a student of my particular MSc?
- What are my passions?
- What inspires me? Gives me energy?
- What are my current skills? What am I good at?
- What skills would I like to develop?
- How can I create added value compared to what I have now and compared to others?
- How do I see my future? What are my dreams for my professional career?
- Where does my future lie? To what extent does my future lie abroad? How do I prepare for this international future?
It is also possible to ask one of the academic counsellors for advice in the process of choosing. They have specific expertise in the area of making personal choices and working on professional development.