Living Education Lab
This minor will start in 2023!
This LDE Minor combines the domains of design thinking and technology-enhanced learning and teaching with interdisciplinary group work. You are guided through your individual learning path towards skilled educational innovators and researchers who know their way in the worlds of Education, Technology and Design and are able to apply this knowledge in educational practice. In a multidisciplinary group you will face real-life challenges you have to solve considering all important aspects of three domains involved.
Maximum participants: 60
Education methodsDesign projects, excursions, workshops, building analysis, research
Students from all disciplines. The minor is open for students from all disciplines; the more variation in disciplines, the better. Proficiency in English and full time commitment are required. The facilitators will compile the groups as diverse as possible.
This minor combines the domains of design thinking and technology-enhanced learning and teaching with interdisciplinary group work.
- Are you interested in education and digital technology and want to experience what it is like to solve a real-life problem in a multidisciplinary group of peers and education professionals?
- Do you want to look behind the scenes of higher and secondary education?
- Are you interested in the impact of Educational Technologies?
In that case, the minor Living Education Lab is the right choice for you!
What will you learn
After completing this minor you will:
- be able to compare and contrast learning paradigms and their implementation in education
- know about different educational technologies and their affordances
- know how these technologies are used for enhanced learning
- know and understand the phases of Design Thinking and the associated activities and outcomes
In the 2nd semester you will solve a given challenge, including
- specifying different instructional design and pedagogies/li>
- developing a conceptual design for an EdTech solution
- applying the Design Thinking process
|Basics of Design Thinking||5|
|Building a Challenge Solution
For more information, visit:
1st Quarter: Living Education Lab – the Basics
2nd Quarter: Living Education Lab: Building a Challenge Solution
Register for this minor
To register for this minor please follow these steps:
- Enrol as a guest student at Leiden University. You will receive an email from LU with a request to activate your UCLN account. With this account you will be able to access Brightspace Leiden that will function as the only electronic learning management system during the minor. After activation you will also receive an Umail address which will be the only email address used during the minor. As soon as this address is active you need to inform the minor coordinator: Jossi Gijzen
- You will receive an email from EUR requesting you to upload a passport photo, without which you cannot be enrolled as a guest student at EUR. Make sure you have an active registration as a bachelor student for 2022-2023 at TU Delft before 1 September 2022!
More information: Studiegids minor ICLON Leiden
At Delft University of Technology and Leiden University, students are required to obtain a minimum of a passing grade (= 6.0 or higher) for each subject in order to pass the minor. At the EUR, it depends on the faculty whether a student has to obtain a passing grade for each subject or that only an average final grade is registered (and therefore the student has to obtain a passing grade), at the EUR a passing grade is a 5.5 or higher. This is also the arrangement in the examination administrations of the 3 LDE institutions.
To avoid problems with grade registration, it is therefore recommended to follow the Leiden assessment rules whereby
- no final grades between 5.0 and 6.0 are given;
- the following rounding-off rules are used: a 5.5 or higher is rounded up to 6.0; a 5.49 or lower is rounded down to 5.0;
- outside the range 5.0 - 6.0, final grades will be expressed as a whole number or a number with one decimal place.