Ir. Berghuis, G.H.
Lecturer and coach
Department Product Innovation Management
Gert Hans Berghuis graduated from the faculty Industrial Design Engineering at Delft University of Technology in 1996. He joined Design Agency Fabrique, and enforced the interactive media department. After a year, he became a partner, and managed the ever growing new media business unit. In 2006, he became CEO of Fabrique [brands, design & Interaction].
Under his joint leadership, Fabrique has grown through the years into a multifaceted design consultancy. It currently employs more than 100 staff of artists, engineers and storytellers. In 2016, Gert Hans et al appointed a new board of directors, and stepped back as a CEO to work in project again.
At this moment, Gert Hans is senior partner and works as innovation strategist in projects, startups and Corporate Ventures. At the TU Delft faculty of IDE, Gert Hans works part time in the master Strategic Product Development as a lecturer, coach and graduation coach.
Fabrique is a global strategic design company. Fabrique develops visions, helps its clients think about strategies, branding, and innovation and realises designs, preferably cutting straight through the design disciplines, so that the traditional borders between graphic design, industrial design, spatial design and interactive media are sometimes barely recognisable. In the agency's vision, this crossmedia approach is the only way to create apparently simple solutions for complex and relevant issues. Fabrique works for clients throughout Europe (among others Tate Modern and the National Gallery in London) and India (among others the City of Agra). In the past 15 years, the agency received over 150 international awards, among others 35 IF’s and 15 Red Dots.
- 2003 – 2004
Small Business School at Stichting Bedrijfskunde, Rotterdam
- 1990 – 1996
Delft University of Technology, faculty Industrial Design Engineering
- 2016 – now
Senior partner and innovation strategist at Fabrique
- 2014 – now
CEO at Fabrique Ventures, coaching start-ups (some of which Fabrique participates in)
- 2006 – 2016
CEO and Chair of the board at Fabrique
- 1999 – 2006
Business Unit manager Interactive Media at Fabrique
Specialisation/field of research
- Business modelling: how to design a working business model?
- Agile and Lean Start-Up: how to speed up innovation?
- Pitching: how to persuade your audience to get a ‘yes’?
- Product Launch Strategy: how to introduce your new product to the market?
- Entrepreneurship: how to set-up, grow and run a design company?
Coaches students on
- Branding and Product Commercialisation: The five step model for product launch strategies
- Strategic Value of Design: The role of integrated thinking in strategic design
- IDE Masterclass Design Leadership and Innovation with Giulia Calabretta: Strategic Design in practice: 7 examples
- PO1: Integrated Design, Scrum & Lean Start-up in 20 minutes.
- Design Consultancy Practice: The dilemma's in designing your own design agency.
- Senior partner and Innovation Strategist at Fabrique
- CEO at Fabrique Ventures