Online ICT services
It is possible to use online ICT services from any location and with different types of equipment. The following online services are available:
- Weblogin: Always and everywhere access to a secure online workspace (also known as Citrix) to be able to work or study remotely via https://weblogin.tudelft.nl/. Most applications available on the standard workspace are also in the Citrix environment.
- Webmail: sending and receiving emails via https://webmail.tudelft.nl/.
- Webdata: from any location opening, editing, and storing TU Delft files to which you have access rights via https://webdata.tudelft.nl/.
- Webprint: remote printing via https://webprint.tudelft.nl/.
For the online ICT services, is in principle no additional software required.
If you need extra functionalities such as linking a local (home) printer, then you need to install the Citrix client. The Citrix client is available for Microsoft Windows and MAC OS systems. You can find the client in the app store of your OS.
If you use the Online ICT services, your computer must meet the connection requirements of the ICT Department. It is of the utmost importance that the computers on the TU network are optimally secured.
Connection requirements ICT Department:
- An unsafe computer can be disconnected from the network.
- Computer has an up-to-date operating system (OS). Make sure that your OS updates are installed regularly. This prevents disconnection from the network.
- Computer may only have 1 MAC address.
- Computer has a working firewall.
- Computer has an up-to-date virus scanner.
- Computer has a legal license for all the software installed on it.
Support for services and/or manuals that fall outside of this base should be organized yourself. The use of the basic manuals and additional information is at your own risk. TU Delft cannot be held accountable in any way whatsoever for damage resulting from the use of the abovementioned information sources for their own equipment. By using these services, you accept the Code of Conduct.