Justus & Louise van Effen Research Grant
Application Deadline: Three months before departure | €750 + a reimbursement for (a part of) your travel expenses | Research | Only for MSc students with an average grade of 8+
This grant is intended for a short-term research stay (between 3 and 6 months) at one of the universities who belong to the top-20 for Engineering and Technology Universities according to the most recent Times World University Rankings for Engineering and Technology. The grant is not intended for students who also want to attend courses. The grant consists of a monthly cost-of living expense and a reimbursement of international travel expenses.
- You must be enrolled as a TU Delft MSc student
- Your grade average should be 8 or higher
- You are not participating in joint programmes with foreign universities
- At least 50 percent of the research project to be carried out must be recognized by the Board of Examiners as a component of your TU Delft MSc programme
- You must be allowed to travel to your destination. Following Dutch government advice is essential.
- Your research stay must be one of the top-20 for engineering and IT universities according to the Times Higher Education Rankings for Engineering and Technology of the current academic year.
- Application must be submitted at least three months prior to departure
- Students who intend to apply for this research grant must pre-register with the Education Service Centre. Send an e-mail with your plans and questions (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Education Service Centre- Mobility team will determine if the student meets all conditions for this research grant and whether it is worthwhile for the student to submit an application.
- If eligible the student will be requested to email the following information; Name, faculty, student number along with the following documents:
- an application form
- letter of motivation
- research proposal
- nomination letter from the Director of Studies and the supervising/thesis professor
- welcome letter from the supervisor at the host institution
- curriculum vitae
- certified copies of transcript and diplomas
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
- Read, sign and send the disclaimer to your Faculty Internship coordinator before your departure.
Terms and conditions
- The Justus and Louise van Effen grant is awarded by TU Delft on behalf of the Justus and Louise van Effen Foundation to meet the additional costs incurred in a research abroad within the framework of a master degree at TU Delft. The Justus and Louise van Effen grant is a gift and is awarded on condition that the obligations attached to the grant are fulfilled fully and promptly. If this condition is not met, the gift can be cancelled with retroactive effect.
- The Foundation has contracted out implementation of the grant programme to TU Delft. In all contact and correspondence relating to this grant, grant candidates and recipients deal with TU Delft’s Education Service Centre. Payment of the grant is made by TU Delft.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please send an email to email@example.com with this query.
Please check the eligibility part of this webpage