Application Deadline: before the start of your study abroad | Reimbursement: €400 | Study & Research projects
Students considering to travel abroad for their study should check the TU Delft information page regarding coronavirus.
Applications in MyTUDelft will not open until further notice.
To qualify for a STIR Fund grant, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your exchange takes place outside the EU/EEA/EFTA;
- Your faculty must have a valid exchange agreement with the host university. This agreement must be registered at the Education Service Centre. Consequently, you do not have to pay any tuition fee to your host university;
- You have to register your study abroad contact details in MyTUDelft;
- The application contains a filled and signed “STIR statement exchange abroad” and the host university admission letter
- You are at least enrolled and started in your 2nd year of study (minimum 45 ECTS obtained for Bachelor students)
- You are and will be registered as a full time student at TU Delft during your stay abroad;
- Your programme abroad (including research projects) counts towards your TU Delft degree;
- You have not received the STIR Fund grant before;
- You do not receive any other grants from a TU Delft mobility fund (ERASMUS+, JvE, scholarship UfD, IDEA Leagues student research grant, Holland Scholarship, VM) in addition to the STIR Fund grant. You must keep TU Delft informed of the outcome of any external grant applications. TU Delft has the right to withdraw the STIR scholarship or to demand (partial or whole) repayment of sums already paid, in case an external grant is awarded to the student;
- The study abroad does not take place in your country of origin;
- You are to refrain from engaging in activities of a political and/or commercial nature during your time abroad that could damage the reputation of TU Delft;
- You are expected to carry out promotional activities on behalf of TU Delft at the partner university
- You will submit/upload a travel report within three months of completing your courses abroad.
- You agree that your travel report will be published on the TU Delft Study Abroad website so that other students can benefit from your experiences. This is a protected website that can only be accessed by TU Delft students and staff.
- The application must be submitted before the start date of the exchange
TU Delft has a yearly budget for STIR grants. It will be paid to you in one instalment after your return, upon receipt of your travel report.
The STIR grant will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your application is not complete and/or submitted it won’t be processed. The travel report must be uploaded in Orisis within 3 months after the conclusion of your study abroad period. If we have not received your final report before this date, the grant awarded to you expires.
Should your study abroad not commence or be terminated early you need to inform TU Delft immediately.