News and Updates
- [June 28, 2022] | Dr. Achilleas Psyllidis and a team of prominent scholars in GIScience and Urban Analytics publish an article (commentary) in Computational Urban Science. Read here.
- [June 1, 2022] | Vasileios Milias and Dr. Achilleas Psyllidis publish article in Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. Read here.
- [March 29, 2022] | In the spotlight: Dr. Achilleas Psyllidis. Read here.
- [February 24, 2022] | Interview with Jacky Bourgeois about the course ‘Digital Product Development’. Read here.
- [February 1, 2022] | The creative breeding ground of Delft Design Labs. Imagine a research environment fuelled by creativity, where people from different disciplines and varying levels of expertise collaborate, seeking new insights and solutions that can change the world. That is what you’ll find in the Delft Design Labs, a theme-based research platform at the TU Delft Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering (IDE) that brings researchers, students and external partners together to find innovative solutions to the complex challenges of our time. Read more here.
- [January 13, 2022] | A small research grant (€135,000) has been granted by the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for BOLD Cities on Urban Digital Twins. Roy Bendor from IDE is one of the project team members as well, along with Jess Bier (Sociology, EUR), Thomas Swerts (Sociology, EUR), and Carola van Eijk (Public Administration, LU). Read more here.
- [November 23, 2021] | Interview with Kars Alfrink about the transparency of AI systems. Read here.
- [November 4, 2021] | Gerd Kortuem was invited to a panel discussion at the 4th IFIP International Internet of Things conference in Amsterdam http://www.ifip-iotconference.org - where he talked about “the IoT as Creative Design Material for generating Societal Value for All” and made an argument for moving “Towards a Sustainable Internet of Things for the Future".
- [September 23, 2021] | KInD Researchers Dr. Achilleas Psyllidis, Roos Teeuwen, and Prof. dr. Alessandro Bozzon teamed up with Researchers from MIT Senseable City Lab, Dr. Fábio Duarte, Arianna Salazar Miranda, and Tom Benson, and published an article titled “Cities and infectious diseases: Assessing the exposure of pedestrians to virus transmission along city streets”, in Urban Studies — a top-tier journal in the field. More information is available at this link. The article is available to everyone (Gold Open Access license) at this link.
[August 6, 2021] | Himanshu Verma organized a workshop called “SensiBlend: Sensing Blended Experiences in Professional and Social Contexts” at ACM Ubicomp 2021. Workshop website: https://www.sensiblend.io
- [April 30, 2021] | Dr. Achilleas Psyllidis acted as invited speaker at the Points of Interest (POInt) Research Symposium, organized by the School of City & Regional Planning and the College of Design, Georgia Teach (USA) The Symposium brought together leading experts from around the world in the field of POI research. More information about the Symposium is available at this link. Achilleas’s presentation titled “Unlabeled and mislabeled POIs: the challenge of classifying urban places” is available here.
- [January 20, 2021] | Vasileios Milias and Dr. Achilleas Psyllidis publish article in Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. Read here.